Litronic FMS II
The evaluation unit receives the raw values measured by the Liebherr sensors and immediately converts them into percentage humidity.
Thanks to the various interfaces, transfer to a higher-level control is possible.
Measurement by the Liebherr sensor system is based on the physical principle of capacitance determination in the high-frequency stray field. In addition to their high precision and robustness, the measuring devices from Bad Schussenried are characterised by their reproducibility.
Once the system has been calibrated, further measuring points can be set up or devices renewed on this basis at any time without great effort. The plant thus always remains reliable, regardless of its previous term and age.
Wide range of applications
The application areas for the perfected measurement system have expanded enormously in the interim. Thanks to numerous interfaces, the sensors can be integrated without problems into various production processes. Customers around the world therefore benefit from Liebherr sensors. The clientèle ranges from automotive suppliers in the USA, a paper factory in the Netherlands and a sugar producer on Guadeloupe.
|Measuring cycle of the evaluation||up to 100 measurements per second|
|Measured value output||optional: Profibus DP, analogue 0 (4) – 20 mA @ 500 Ohm|
|Measuring range||0 -10 V DC ( 12 bit DAC ), (RS 232) measuring window can be parametrised as desired|
|Operating modes||Batch process,
|Supply voltage||24 V DC (-15 %/+20 %)|
- Indirect measuring method: Capacity determination in the high frequency stray field. This method uses the different dielectric constant (permittivity) of water and different materials (solids and liquids).
- Fully reproducible sensors: If the plant is subsequently extended with sensors or if sensors are replaced, no recalibration is necessary thanks to the built-in microprocessor.
- Multiple measuring points: Up to 16 sensors can be installed on one evaluation unit.
- Interfaces: Profibus, Ethernet or analogue measured value transfer by 0-10 V 12 bit or 0/4-20 mA 12 bit are available for signal transfer to the higher-level control. Digital output and input modules are available for limit signalling and start/stop commands and material curve switching.
- Modular: If required, the FMS II can be extended by further modules such as digital inputs, digital outputs, etc. A power pack for separate power supply is advantageous.
- Well stowed: The evaluation unit is mounted on a TS-25 top-hat rail and can thus be installed in the switch cabinet.
- Process control and regulation: Thanks to extensive interfaces, the moisture measurement can be integrated into process control systems and controls.
- Cost saving: Time-consuming and costly laboratory analyses are no longer necessary or can be reduced.
- Limit values: Maximum or minimum limits can be set using the software. Light or sound signals can be triggered if required.
- Mean value calculator: The sensor sends digital signals to the FMS evaluation and transfer module.
- Software: The Liebherr FMS II software is available for visualisation, configuration, measured value recording and calibration.
The modular expandable design of the evaluation and transfer module offers connection of up to 16 sensors. Set limit values or set start and stop commands as well as automatic material curve switching. If required, the measured values can be transmitted in real time to the higher-level control by means of various modules. Profibus, analogue measured value transfer by 0-10 V 12 bit or 0/4-20 mA 12 bit are available for this purpose.
The convenient PC software enables fast and accurate calibration of the measured section.
Connect up to two sensors to one bus junction box. From there, a bus length of up to 1200 metres leads to the FMS II evaluation and transfer unit.
Sensors installed on sliding shoe carriages “surf” on the material. Our sliding shoe carriages are available in various wearing protection designs such as stainless steel, Vaudit, Hardox, Supralen and ceramic.