Ultrapure Water Purification
Ultrapure water is elemental to the success of your experiments.
But finding the right water system for your research goes deeper than water quality alone.
You need a smart choice that supports both your science and your budget — on day 1, and with every cartridge and filter change.
One that reflects 130 years of innovations, like feed water monitoring, hands-free dispensing and effortless cartridge change-outs. With a Thermo Scientific lab water system, the only thing you’ll have in your water is confidence.
Suitable for even the most demanding and sensitive applications, the family of Thermo Scientific GenPure water purification systems exceeds international standards ASTM D1193 Type 1, ISO 3696 Grade 1 and CLSI-CLRW, delivering ultrapure 18.2 MΩ cm water with consistent quality.
Ideal for your molecular biology,
microbiology and analytical
GenPure Pro water system smart
Molecular Biology and Microbiology
• Cell and tissue culture
• PCR, DNA sequencing
• CG, CG-MS, ICP-MS, AA
• TOC Measurements, IC
ULTRAPURE WATER READY-TO-USE
• Have everything you need to make Type 1 water the day you receive your system. Each system ships with all start-up consumables under a single part number so there are no surprises or added post-sale costs.
INTEGRATED FEED WATER MONITORING
• Additional measuring cell monitors feed water conductivity. If the quality of the feed water drops below the set value, a fault message will immediately be displayed.
• Aquastop quick-connections on the ultrapure water cartridge enable cartridge replacement within seconds—even mid-operation
• Validated 0.2 µm final filter with folded membrane can be sterile up to 5 times.
• Dual wavelengh UV lamp, 185/254 nm, reduces organic compounds in the water to
ultra-low levels as well as microorganisms and their metabolites. Available only on
systems containing a UV lamp (UV).
• Internal ultrafilter is flushed automatically to assure the highest retention of endotoxins and nucleases, which produces a long two year lifetime. Available only on systems containing an ultrafilter (UF).
• Illuminated four-line alpha-numeric displays show important system parameters
• Tilting control panels allow for optimal viewing
MEASUREMENT OF CONDUCTIVITY/RESISTIVITY
• Conductivity cells are carefully calibrated prior to each measurement via built-in reference resistance with cell constants at 0.01 cm-1
Non-Stop: System ready for dispensing conductivity compensation1.00 L: Adjustable
• The temperature measurements are made by a platinum chip sensor with ± 0.1°C accuracy
• Real-time clock and code-protected operating system prevents unauthorized changes to system settings
• RS-232 interface with adjustable send-interval for safe data transfer of all measured data, faults, date and time to a PC computer or log printer
• Digital microprocessor control automatically monitors and stores faults from the last four weeks
• USP-compliant conductivity measurement with temperature compensation can be switched on or off
TOC monitoring you Ultrapure water
Total Organic Carbon (TOC) monitoring (available on TOC systems only) provides a real-time measurement of the actual level of organics in the product water.
In order to test the product water for trace levels of organics, the conductivity of the water is measured at the final conductivity cell, just before the point of dispense, as
shown in the flow diagram. During recirculation, the ultrapure water passes again through the system’s UV bulb, where any trace organics are oxidized. This
oxidation creates ions, which are then measured by the TOC conductivity cell. The amount of extra ions in the water is directly proportionate to the amount
of organics in the water if the UV bulb is working properly. The difference between the conductivity cells is calculated and a TOC value is displayed.
UV intensity monitoring of your ultrapure water
UV intensity monitoring comes standard on all GenPure systems with TOC monitoring. The accuracy of the TOC measurement depends on how well the UV bulb irradiates the water. If the bulb is not fully illuminated, the total amount of organics in the water will not be oxidized, resulting in a false reading.
In order to help protect against this, the system utilizes a photo electrode that directly monitors the intensity of the UV lamp, ensuring that it is working properly.
So if there is a problem with the UV bulb or the intensity is inadequate for complete oxidation, the system will alert the user with an error. Additionally, the intensity
of the UV lamp can be accessed through the menu at any time.