The new Mercury Tracker-3000 XS
– more comfortable
We updated the well-proven Mercury Tracker 3000 IP!
The new Mercury Tracker-3000 XS weighs even less, it is smaller, easier to handle and features GPS, a 5.7″ color TFT display and new high performance Eneloop battery pack with minimized self-discharge.
Needless to say the benefits of the old Tracker were not discarded.
- Real time measurement
- High precision measuring principle: atomic absorption (AAS)
- Easy to operate
- Shock proof and corrosion resistant for rugged field operation
- Measuring ranges 0.1-100 / 0-1000 / 0-2000 µg/m³
- High resolution 0.0001 mg/m³
- Data logger integrated
- Additional information
- Measurement principle
- Analytical performance
- Special features
- Easy to operate
Avoid problems related to mercury contamination!
The Mercury Tracker-3000 XS is a lightweight, compact and rugged instrument with built-in GPS for measuring the mercury concentration in air. Applications include:
- Safety at work
- Exhaust gas survey
- Environmental monitoring
- Mercury spills screening
- Hazardous waste inspection
- Investigation of contaminated sites
- Investigation of mercury contamination in air
- Measurement of mercury in scientific research
The mercury concentration is measured in an optical cell entirely made of a high purity grade fused silica. A maintenance-free membrane pump continuously feeds the sample gas into the measuring cell where the attenuation of a UV beam is measured. Analytical wavelength used is 253.7 nm.
This measuring method is called “Cold Vapor Atomic Absorption Spectrometry” (CVAAS) , which is extremely sensitive for mercury determination and is widely used for many years.
The Mercury Tracker-3000 XS uses a high-frequency driven electrodeless mercury discharge lamp (EDL) as UV source. It generates emission lines of an extremely narrow bandwidth which are congruent with the absorption lines of the Hg atoms to be measured. Cross-sensitivities are thus minimized.
Contrary to gold film based systems, the Mercury Tracker-3000 XS shows virtually no interference to hydrogen sulfide or water vapor. The extremely high stability of the UV source is a result of the reference detector method which is applied in the Mercury Tracker-3000 XS. Total background noise is less than 0.1 μg/m³.
To prevent temperature drift both the lamp unit and the detectors are temperature-stabilized.
The instrument is factory calibrated before delivery. The calibration remains stable over a long period of time.
- rugged and noncorrosive ABS case
- dirt repellent bag with padded top for transport and savekeeping
- waterproof keypad and cable connectors
- comfortable shoulder strap
- operates at least five hours on fully charged Eneloop battery pack
- additional quick swap Eneloop battery pack (optional)
- membrane pump with long service life
- factory calibration with long-term stability
- very fast response time
- Data logger with GPS
- 5.7 inch TFT graphical color display with LED backlight,
brightness and energy saving switch-off delay adjustable
Easy to operate
The Mercury Tracker-3000 XS is controlled by menu-guided inputs on a waterproof membrane keypad and a 5.7″ TFT graphic display with LED backlight. After switch-on the light source is stabilized (approx. 1 – 5 minutes) and the baseline is automatically adjusted by the auto zero function. Measurement starts automatically, continuously indicating the mercury concentration of the air as a numerical value and a graphic bar.
In case of a malfunction the operator of the Mercury Tracker-3000 XS is warned via messages on the display.